Serves: 16 pieces / vegan / gluten-free
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup natural nut butter (peanut, cashew, almond, etc)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Cooking spray/oil/margarine
Preheat oven to 350 F and spray or coat an 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray/fat.
In a food processor purée all the ingredients together except for the chocolate chips. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula or by pulsing the food processor a few times.
Pour out the batter into the prepared pan and spread it into an even layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Once out of the oven, let the blondies rest for 20 minutes before slicing into em!
- save half the chocolate chips to sprinkle on the top of the batter
- sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on the top of the batter before baking
Recipe from: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com