Serves: 2 / gluten-free
- 1 Chicken Breast, cut into medium-small pieces
- 1 Pepper, chopped
- Mushrooms, sliced
- I cup basmati rice
- 1/4 cup Garlic and herb soft cheese or regular soft cheese
- a splash of milk
- 1-2 tbsp curry paste
- High heat oil, for frying
1. Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Once heated, add the onions and saute until soft. Add the chicken and brown on all sides.
2. Add enough curry past according to your own liking to the chicken. Stir until evenly coated. Add a splash of water if the chicken begins to stick to the pan.
4. Meanwhile, begin cooking your basmati rice according to the package’s directions.
5. Add the peppers and mushrooms to the chicken mixture and cook until al dente.
6. Add the cheese and milk to the frying pan and mix until melted.
5. Once the rice is almost done but still a little hard, drain it and it to your pan with everything else and let it simmer until the chicken and rice are fully cooked.
For a vegetarian version, add tofu instead of chicken.
For a vegan version, add tofu and non-dairy plain yogurt instead of chicken and cheese/milk.