Serves: 1-2 / vegan / gluten-free
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon veggie oil
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup instance white rice
1. In a large saucepan, cook and stir onion in oil until tender and translucent, but not brown. Add tomatoes, beans, oregano and garlic powder. Bring to boil. Stir in rice, return mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, and cover.
2. Let mixture simmer for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Ingredients that can be found in the Food Room ( based on delivery and donation) are:
3. Black Beans