Serves: 4 / gluten-free
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole kernel corn , undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 chopped green pepper
- 1 puch old el paso smart fiesta (seasoning mix)
- 1/3 old el paso thick n chunky salsa (any variety)
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
1. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when centre of thickest part is cut (170ºF).
2. Stir in beans, corn, peppers, taco seasoning mix, 1/4 cup water and salsa. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are hot. Serve with rice.
Ingredients that can be found in the Food Room ( based on delivery and donation) are:
1. back beans
3. green pepper