Serves: 4 – 6 / vegetarian
- 2 cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes and beans in a large non-stick skillet. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Add spinach to the sauce; cook for 2 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring constantly.
4. Serve sauce over pasta, and sprinkle with feta.
- Substitute gluten-free pasta for a gluten-free version
- Remove the feta cheese for a vegan version
Ingredients that can be found in the Food Room ( based on delivery and donation) are:
1. Penne Pasta
2. Diced Tomatoes, canned