Serves: 2 – 4 / vegetarian
- 1 pound linguini pasta
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. Steam broccoli with 2 tablespoons water in microwave for 6-7 minutes.
3. In 10-inch skillet, heat olive oil and butter over low heat. Stir in garlic (more or less to suit your tastes) and red pepper slices; saute gently.
4. Drain broccoli and add to skillet. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt and saute broccoli and peppers until soft.
5. Toss vegetable mixture with hot pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Ingredients that can be found in the Food Room ( based on delivery and donation) are:
1. Linguini pasta
3. Bell pepper