Serves: 4 / vegetarian/ vegan
*enhance the flavour by adding your favourite chutney or salsa to this dish when served*
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
1. In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion, cook and stir until tender.
2. Add beans, tomatoes, oregano and garlic powder.
3. Bring to a boil; stir in rice. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Ingredients that can be found in the Food Room (based on delivery and donation) are:
- 1. Onions
- 2. Black Beans
- 3. Canned tomatoes
- 4. Rice