We don’t usually advocate for using a microwave to cook food, but considering it’s “that time of year” for us students, we thought we’d post this recipe for those of us who need a quick pick-me-up.
Serves: 4-6 / vegan
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
1. Grease a small microwavable safe dish (preferably glass) with oil or vegan margarine.
2. Mix the wed and dry ingredients in separate bowls.
3. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until completely combined, making sure not to over mix (this will result in a tough brownie).
4. Pour the batter into the greased dish. Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips.
5. Microwave on high (if your microwave has that setting) for 4 -5 minutes. The less time you microwave the brownies the more gooey they will be.