This granola is seriously the best. Peanut butter and maple syrup make this granola extremely decadent with a kick of healthy. The best part about this recipe is that it’s refined sugar free! Oh, and this granola makes serious clusters. Not like the kind that just sits in the bowl like a giant pile of disappointing oats. Pass the milk!
Makes: 2.5 cups / vegan
- 2 cups large flake (old fashioned) oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, cooking spray, or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together over low heat. Mix until smooth,
4. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oat mixture and mix until the oat mixture is fully coated. Spread the mixture evenly out on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 12 – 13 minutes until the oats become slightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. The oats will harden as they cool, forming crunchy little clusters! Once cooled, break up the clusters into smaller pieces and enjoy with milk, yogurt, or by its self.
Items from this recipe you can find in the Community Food Room (based on delivery and donations):
- peanut butter